Sign in to follow this  
SkyeBreach

GMod S.T.A.L.K.E.R RP : Alpha 0.6 Inventorys, Artifacts, and anomalies Update

box-400px.png.5efedb4c8766abc6192c6db0bd22051c.png

GMod S.T.A.L.K.E.R RP : Alpha 0.6

Inventorys, Artifacts, and Anomalies Update

Ok i know its not been long since the last update but my sleep schedule isn't great so after a long session of coding i bring you this new (Quite large) update.

Artifact Hunting Revamp

This has been along time coming, I have completely overhauled this system ( lets be honest the old one was extremely bare-bones). Now artifacts that spawn naturally spawn invisible, and can only be detected and seen with the right detectors. if you have the right detector equiped and you are with in 50 units of the artifact you will see a green halo around the artifact. Oh whats that you want me to make it even harder? well i did 😛 to actualy pick up artifacts you need to have the right tier of detector.

Artifact Detectors

Echo Detectors (As shown below) can find non-rare artifacts, artifacts with rarity greater than 0.5. the detector is also very simple it literally is just a beeper.

image.png.d266fdd7b2a9179792e275b7b3bb7102.png

Bear Detectors (As shown below) can find rare artifacts, artifacts with rarity greater than 0.1. The detector beeps and shows the direction of the artifact (will only show one artifact).

image.png.523f0e3d6e4e1401669e81e5ba452737.png

Veles Detectors (As shown below) can find extremely rare artifacts, all known naturally spawning artifacts. The detector beeps and shows the exact location of the artifact (will show multiple if there is multiple). This detector can later be improved (Next update) to also show anomalies.

image.png.97d973f75c9662d195c0a73de504c5d7.png

Equippable Artifacts and Artifact Inventory

image.thumb.png.5c722dd2c9c6413e141b0fca41d50b13.png

Artifacts can now be equipped to receive special bonus' or hindrances. They will have both debuffs and buffs. Only one artifact can be equipped at a time, because the menu kept being weird when i had multiple artifacts in it.

Backpacks

image.thumb.png.931a89a541fc400c7b69326b2f1f424f.png

After several people requested this i finally got round to doing it. The addition of backpacks does mean that everyones inventory size is set to 10 now by default. With backpacks however you can get up to 40 slots in your main inventory.

Anomalies

I have added some anomalies onto the map. I origionally added more but they caused cascading lua errors, I will try to add more before full release (hopefully we will have a new map by then).

image.thumb.png.3f37638513c87850bfa097e377933e30.pngimage.thumb.png.f35f11a78f5861d2ac7cdad5ea4a2a69.png

HUD Changes/Quality of life

I have added hot keys for switching weapons, aswell as a 'hud loadout viewer'. when you change your weapon/equipped item it will show in the bottom right just above the Health/Armour HUD.

image.thumb.png.ed7d8ea2934d07ca8ddc3849fc8a7da6.png

I also added a permanent prompt of the menu controls to the bottom left, this is so new players can access the two most important things on the server.

image.png.0dd3e4d0b081e12ded061a896fcb1992.png

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Capture point % not showing correctly, the % may be a bit delayed on your screen but it updates your own personal data every 30 seconds. if it is still out of sync to much i will set it to 15 seconds.
  • Fixed Freedom members not showing properly on PDA
  • Like 1

Global Root

Gmod S.T.A.L.K.E.R RP Code Monkey

Freedom Brigadier (Leader)

I love it all, especially the hotkeys thing, also love how the new artifact hunting thing goes, I love to do that.